The EUROGRAPHICS Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage (GCH) aims to foster an international dialogue between ICT experts and CH scientists to have a better understanding of the critical requirements for processing, managing, and delivering cultural information to a broader audience. The objective of the workshop is to present and showcase new developments within the overall process chain, from data acquisition, analysis and synthesis, 3D documentation, and data management, to new forms of interactive presentations and 3D printing solutions. Interdisciplinary approaches for analysis, classification and interpretation of cultural artefacts are particularly relevant to the event.
The next EG Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage (EG GCH 2019) will be held in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), organized by University Sarajevo School of Science and Technology, general chair Dr. Belma Ramic-Brkic.
- EG GCH 2019 will be held in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, November 6-9, 2019. General chairs are Belma Ramic-Brkic, Selma Rizvic, and Karina Rodriguez.
- EG GCH 2018 was held in Vienna (Austria) on Nov. 12-15, 2018. This was a federated event named Visual Heritage, co-organized by EG GCH and CHNT. The conference was a considerable success, with more that 500 registered attendees. General chairs were Wolfgang Boerner and Roberto Scopigno, IPC chairs Robert Sablatnig and Michael Wimmer (both of them from TU Vienna).
- EG GCH 2017 was held in Graz (Austria) on Sept. 27-29, 2017, organized by Graz University of Technology and by Fraunhofer Austria, General chairs Dieter Fellner and Bettina Habsburg-Lothringen, IPC chairs Tobias Schreck and Tim Weyrich.
- EG GCH 2016 was held in Genova (Italy) on Oct. 5-7, 2016, organized by IMATI-CNR and chaired by Bianca Falcidieno and Dieter Fellner, IPC chairs Chiara Eva Catalano and Livio de Luca.
- EG GCH 2015 was part of the federated event Digital Heritage 2015, held in Granada (Spain) on Sept.28 – Oct. 2, 2015.
- EG GCH 2014 was held in Darmstadt (Germany) on Oct. 6-8, 2014, organized by FhG-IGD and chaired by Dieter Fellner and Roberto Scopigno
- EG GCH 2013 was part of the federated event Digital Heritage 2013, held in Marseille (France) on Oct. 28 – Nov. 1, 2013.
- The previous editions of EG GCH were part of the VAST symposium, proceedings are available on the EG Digital Library
For more info on the activities of the EG Working Group on Graphics and Cultural Heritage please visit the web of the WG at http://vcg.isti.cnr.it/wggch/